Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Iris Eclipse

Imagine you lift up your gaze
And you witness a solar eclipse.
With absolutely nothing between
the cassocked sun and your naked eyes.

Imagined?

Now, try freezing that moment
For eternity.
The second before that diamond ring.
That shot in the dark
Before the blinding spark.
Now multiply that into two.
Both staring back at you.
Into your soul.
Take a step back now
And draw two lines,
A line above, a line below.
Twin horizons, in kohl.
Now that's what I'm talking about.
Would you lift your gaze off
Those eyes in the sky?
Would you let go off that sight
if you were to lose your eyes.
If that very next instant
The diamond rings emerge.
Well, I wouldn't.



1 comment:

vishalbheeroo said...

I imagine as I read this beautiful poem, I imagine the soul poured into the flawless words:)
Cheerz
Vishal