Tuesday, September 07, 2010

28 Septembers

Stuck in the middle,
At the doorstep.
On one leg
I
stand, thinking;
While the other leg’s busy
Making up its mind,
Which side to take faith’s leap.

They say
maturity comes with age.
Well, I know not wise men;
If you’re reading this,
Try to read my lips,
I’d say
it’s something more apt
for whisky or wine.

To me,
Maturity is attained
Only when you’re
childlike again.
Perhaps,
it’s now.
Or it will be
when I’m gray.

I’ve travelled
28 Septembers so far.
I no longer am
Who I used to be.
And I am yet to become
Who I ought to be.
Now I set my foot forward
For I’m on a journey
To return to me.

6 comments:

autumn leaves said...

May the Lord be with you in whatever you do..Wish you a very happy birthday..God Bless!:)

Priyanka Khot said...

Happy Birthday Scribbler! May you always be childlike and witness the beauty and magic of several more Septembers!

God bless you! :-)

Nisha said...

Shit... I even missed your birthday!
Belated wishes for that and I simply love your post. You know what, your blog is like food to my mind!

Will keep coming by more often now... actually whenever i feel hungry. Lol!

aria said...

Hi.. belated Happy Birthday.. :)
trust you had a great one..
I am also September born.. great to know you also are a fellow virgo!
take care..

sweety said...

:)
Wow....beautiful

payal agarwal said...

missed ur birthday...hope u had a gr8 one!God Bless!:)