Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lunatic Eclipse

Under the twilight, on a quest I wander.
At the shallow end, I stand,
Yet to slip and drown in deep slumber.

Lost count of sheep
And they seem to have lost their flock;
While I’m trying hard to reclaim my mislaid sleep.

In a frail attempt to leap
Across the barbed fence; Caught
In the wilderness of insomnia they bleat.

Darkness has seeded chaos,
And made every thought
Scuttle opting varied paths;

Like mortals of Babel’s tower
They scamper, unawares, they seek solace,
While a shadow follows their every step.

I pray, I fall asleep
The moment I let the lids down.
For I cannot resort to the age-old tradition, till morn.

The fiend lurks the plain tonight,
Preying upon the flock till first light.
The Wolf, a nightmare, in a sheep’s clothing.

4 comments:

autumn leaves said...

Title in itself is quite scary..fear of unknown..a bit tough read for me reading at this point of time..

Matangi Mawley said...

u know.. that was inspiring.. i m getting thousands of thoughts all at once..!
really good work!

Di said...

Makes for a fantastic read,
Words sewn together in Lunatic Eclipse,
Are but a string of grey beads.

Rini said...

Hmmmm...Scribbler Almighty!

Take care(Need I say that?)