Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Solitude's Solace

It’s an encounter with tranquility,
An one-to-one with the calm;
I’m at the rendezvous of dusk and dawn,
Where the horizon is no more an imaginary line;
And being alone is merely my choice.


Solitude is painful,
But I’ve found pleasure in pain.
I try. I try really hard.
But this scribble pad

Won’t suffice if I wish to describe.

I desire to scribble,
Every single thought in my mind,
On the thin air for sometime.
If those words for ever,
Without fading, would remain.


Let me borrow those ashen clouds to scribble upon,
I’ll send ‘em afloat to your land afar.
Pray, they don’t change their course or form
Or clash against their peers, up there,
And drain away as a thunderous rain.


Allow me to scribble on those high rise walls
In the broad and vacant streets
Of your cityscapes where people seldom stroll.
Promise you’d never distemper,
For these are a few things I’d leave behind.


May I ask you to spare your heart?
I might just find enough room in there
To scribble every word I have long treasured.
For eternity, I’ll forsake solitude
And find solace in your company.

14 comments:

Smriti said...

deadly :)

one of my favs frm u :)

!nversed Poignancy! said...

May I ask you to spare your heart?
I might just find enough room in there
To scribble every word I have long treasured.
For eternity, I’ll forsake solitude
And find solace in your company.

Loved the way you detail in poetic ways..
Brilliant!!

Matangi Mawley said...

loved these lines a lot... :)

"I desire to scribble,
Every single thought in my mind,
On the thin air for sometime.
If those words for ever,
Without fading, would remain..."

orphic extant said...

WOW!

amazing start, lyrical throughout

picturesque

lovely

Lavanya Snigdha said...

Simple and somehow very sensitive...
love it.

Muse said...

Sometimes, you have to let go, for scars, emotional or physical define a life well lived and leave something for posterity:)As I said elsewhere, This IS Life!! However strong, at times, when you falter, do you hear that little sound reaching out to you: "O ye of little Faith!", Nevertheless, HIS higher thoughts and ways STAND :)

http://mymusings-muse.blogspot.com/2009/01/answers.html?zx=50caf37d094e79d5

PS-But Pray, you get :P :)

elessar_iitkgp said...

Awesome man ... the words just flow..

Dipa said...

Loved it da....
Makes sense even wen read upwards :)

autumn leaves said...

May I ask you to spare your heart?
I might just find enough room in there
To scribble every word I have long treasured.
....be(longing) well penned:)

Amber Light said...

I detect a sad note but the scribble is beautiful as ever.

chytra said...

for me,
its extremely poignant!

sunita said...

poignancy touched the heart :)one of ur best Charlie!!

Gauri said...

Nicely Put !!:)

BlowHotBlowCold said...

I feel myself floating...your scribles are out of this world : ))))