Friday, January 30, 2009

Hamlet of Blind Faith

I opened up to a crestfallen land as I kipped
Alien to the green and serene
No matter how far my vision could tramp
It seemed to me a cursed, barren plane

Blind faith, like a hot sun, scorched and pierced the earth's facade
Stomping everything that lifted its head towards the blue
Everybody seemed blinded and deprived by original thoughts
A sepia tone wore Its terrain and the tenants

Hordes of idols looked down upon me from every corner
As I wandered in those boulevards
On a quest to quench my thirst I set forward
But every well overflowed with nickels and quarters

11 comments:

Winnie the poohi said...

Interesting write.. and ironic too isnt it ?

lavanya snigdha said...

Well... I suppose it makes me feel like I want to see what happened to the journey embarked upon...

payal said...

very impactful write....

smriti said...

beautifully penned :)

Muse said...

Hmmmm..."Blessed are they who do not see, yet believe" :-)

Blind faith is, I repeat, "Precious"..Keep it and pass it around as well :-)

Michel Ashton said...

Your work is splendid as always .

im no way near your league ....

check out my scribbling
http://michelashton.blogspot.com/

shruthi said...

loved it... one of ur best :)

akanksha said...

Awesome as always! i wonder why you call it scribbling?

Pretty Me!! said...

Interestingly strong write ... good to be on your page again ..

sunita said...

thoughtful musings :)

nan said...

I second Muse :)
good one maestro :)