Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time Trader

You’re here with absolutely nothing to do.
Or are you here because you’re rich with leisure?
I do understand that time is a luxury,
Which not many can afford to squander.
But it seems like your hourglass is up to the brim.

Let’s strike a deal.
The returns will exceed your expectations.
Let’s play a game where you’ll be in the lead.
There are no rules to follow and no guidelines to adhere.
Break ‘em, bend ‘em or just don’t pay heed.

Splurge if you may as this day might not return.
Hang around for a while if boredom’s riding on your back.
I’ll try to keep you busy in my world,
Just let your iris follow me from word to word,
And then your mind and soul, together, will play along.

Let me begin the game,
Go ahead! Stand upright. Get set at the Start line.
There are no retakes and you can’t start all over again.
Make your first move as I roll the dice.
You’ve traded your time to be my pawn.

18 comments:

HolyTrance said...

:)) I loved it...

sunita said...

Charlie....well said..the irony is powerfully depicted with equally intense expressions.....:)

d gypsy! said...

good one...

I guess someday we all shud do that at times...

no time breaks :)

wow, that wud be...

however, there is a sinister side that I read...is that so?

Winnie the poohi said...

well one is already a pawn.. a pawn of a pawn hmm?

Matangi Mawley said...

Brilliant!

Matangi Mawley said...

u have an award.. do visit my blog for details!

Hephzi said...

This is absolutely lovely... a killer from u :)

Priyanka Khot said...

Wonderful as always!

The best part you convinced be to be your pawn. :-)

meenakshi said...

remarkably true dear...
we all trade time and become its pawn..

i agree.. i adore

smriti said...

ur last line is always a sixer eh? :)

good one :)

smriti said...

ur last line is always a sixer eh? :)

good one :)

Amber Light said...

I can picture you with a gleeful grin, rubbing your hands together and glint of madness in your eyes trying to make your readers your pawn! Laughing out loud.

I like this one. Though you have repeated this theme many times it still is fresh and has a neat twist. :)

Shawn Michel de Montaigne said...

A nice poem.

My best to you and your continued efforts.

SOUL'S SCRIBES!!! said...

Interesting, it seems to me. But, No Thanks.Lol.

Pooja said...

nice one...

skillfully written...

Vinz aka Vinu said...

loved the concept..
wonderfully written..!!
i always wish i could create something like this..


:)

"THE BARD WHO DOESNT HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD" said...

somehwo cudnt read b/w d lines..apart frm it, d end is d best whn u say "You’ve traded your time to be my pawn" :D

kamna said...

splendid irony..
poignant penning...
charlie..hats off man!