Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sacrifices to blessings

Off to the place I left behind sometime ago,
I’m returning to my haven where I belong.
Just a couple of days yet it seems like years have gone.
Cos it’s the first time I’ve stayed far from home.

The wait has ended now I got to go.
To meet some souls that wait for this estranged soul.
With arms wide open, I see them waiting with bated breath.
They seldom know that I’m returning again to the place where I’m from.

The road that opened up to new opportunities as I moved,
Is happy to see me again as I go back for a moment.
It speaks to me without words by showing me the horizon;
It silently says to return in peace cos there’s still a long way to go.

I remember leaving behind a whole lot of things,
Some of it can be reclaimed and some will remain unchanged.
Few moments that can’t be reversed and a few things I may have to let go.
Because I believe that yesterday’s sacrifices become blessings of tomorrow.

18 comments:

Priyanka Khot said...

Ah! It reflects your current state of mind beautifully. If i go ahead and take it metaphorically, it kinda speaks of the life journey of all of us. And we travel back not to a place but to memory.

Dipa said...

Welcome Home :)

smriti said...

loved d last line :)

good luck 4 d times ahead in Chennai :)

Divya said...

aaahh nostalgia.. what a lovely feeling it is :)
am going home in a few days too... cheers!

Muse said...

:-) I know! Thought as much:-)

Amber Light said...

"Few moments that can’t be reversed and a few things I may have to let go.
Because I believe that yesterday’s sacrifices become blessings of tomorrow."
The best!

Can see the amount of emotion that has gone into this. A beauty!

Usha Pisharody said...

A deeper, more profound piece of writing, that touches some place deep inside. Loved the way you took us along back and forth in the journey... and most especially loved the closing line.

akanksha said...

beautiful!!!
loved it!

prianca said...

hi
i came across ur blog via smriti
i must say, after hearing so much about ur literary talents

i wasnt actually surprised to be amazed upon reading ur blogs
d perfectionism was kinda expected

loved the way u hv presented ur prose like thoughts in your poetic composition.
nice work
keep blogging ;)

Nandhini Reddy said...

brings back my nostalgic memories :)
nice work :)

Misanthrope !!! said...

absolutely brilliant.. sorry for the late response..

CaprivillA said...

nice!

SOUL'S SCRIBES!!! said...

It is sufficiently a necessity for us to get acclimatized to change. What is life without it?!

Loves reading the poem, as usual!

May your road take you to heights:-)

A:-)

Di said...

Nice.. could identify myself wid the scenario you painted... Cheers.

sunita said...

Few moments that can’t be reversed and a few things I may have to let go.
Because I believe that yesterday’s sacrifices become blessings of tomorrow.

a real beauty....it always feels nice to go back to where one belongs...:)

Winnie the poohi said...

they really do :)

Vinz aka Vinu said...

wonderfull..

last line was superb..!!
meaningful..!

:)

From A Market Observer To An Engaged Investor said...

Nice plot. Not only me, but I assume everyone who'll go through the lines will get taken away by the essence of the poem. The crusts and troughs vreated on the paper actually created the ripples in the minds as well. But the last lines are really heart penetrating. Do keep this good work up. I'll try to be the regular visitor of the blog. Cheers.