Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Maybe, some other time

It’s been sometime since you came here.
You might have thought I’ll return in a while and just forget.
Finally, you’ve made it, all the way to this place, today
Just to see what this Scribbler’s got to say.

Perhaps, you can come back some other time
And read this scribble in leisure again.
You do have other priorities in life.
So return whenever you want to indulge, I’ll wait.

It can be tomorrow or even the day after,
You still have loads of time on hand to lavishly spend.
‘There’s always another time’ is the usual excuse.
Hopefully, I’ll pray, by then the world doesn’t come to an end.

Or let me suggest something,
Ten more minutes, try not to do anything.
Play lazy once again but the moment seems never ending,
After that you might resume your reading.

Isn’t that the way you feel most of the time,
Putting things off more often thinking later on it can be done.
“One day I’ll visit my favourite holiday destination.
Someday I’ll walk in the early morning rain”.

”Sleep under a star lit roof.
And quench my thirst in the new dawn’s dew.
In a while, I’ll write to my loved one something special,
Or one fine day I’ll pen my own book and claim my share of fame”.

So many things to do but so little time,
Wish we had more than hours 24 is what we always complain.
Well, if that’s the case with you that’s not something new,
I know no cure either cos I suffer from the same illness too.

Some call it lethargy; some say the devil rules the idle mind.
A few say it’s the laid back attitude.
But I say it’s nothing too serious nor is it incurable,
We just suffer from the ‘some other time syndrome’.

27 comments:

Dipa Uchil said...

Oh yea SOTS it is....god knws how many beautiful and magical moments of satisfaction we have lost bcoz of it....And this write of urs is truly a realization n wake up alarm.

Wud agree even I retained this syndrome...but wud nomore ;)

Loved it...keep scribblin :)

Pretty Me!! said...

i do really want to do the foll -

”Sleep under a star lit roof.
And quench my thirst in the new dawn’s dew.
In a while, I’ll write to my loved one something special,
Or one fine day I’ll pen my own book and claim my share of fame”.


lovely write ... as if d first few lines were fr me nly ;)

i think m d mst laziest reader u have !!!

Nandhini said...

some other time syndrome for ya scribbles??????? No way!!!
Am here the very moment i saw ya Ping MAESTRO
pretty pretty write this one
I fit in so well :D

Winnie the poohi said...

true!!

I suffer bigtime from it :P

nincompoop-aka-charu said...

some other time syndrome tis!! brilliant...

rukhiya said...

a very pertinent write about procrastination..nice :)

nincompoop-aka-charu said...

some other time syndrome tis!!!
brilliant....

Aman said...

Talent without effort and toil is a waste. And I dunno if talent means anything other than working hard and focusing on the thing you're interested to do. Now I'm rambling. I think I should just say Good stuff and shut up. Its always an honor reading your blog.

sweety said...

SEriosuly,i have faced it sometimes...my mom asks me "Beta,u said you will paint today" and i would be reading some book..and i end up sayin"MA, some other time, today i wanna read"

Priyanka Khot said...

Scribbler turns Doctor.... n my my you were spot on in ur diagnosis... I could identified with so many of the things that i keep procrastinating to some other time.

You rock. Come to Delhi n lets have a read meet :-)

Amber Light said...

Superb!!!!
Though it made me feel a little guilty :D I loved it!
"new dawn's dew" was catching.

smriti said...

procrastination....hmmm....one thing i surely excel at...nice one :)

Dolly Singh said...

Procrastination is such a luxury and we do it often for no reason..
guess everyone can relate to this write..
Good Job,Charlie!!

Shal said...

The butterfly counts not months, but in moments and has time enough.
- Tagore


Time , wat a striking lovely enjoyable and a lesson this write was :)

Bravo as ever :)

MALVIKA said...

wow..scribbler..gud n a different write up... keep penning frnd...

not some other time...but always whn u wish it from the heart..

loved the write n d lines...

Or let me suggest something,
Ten more minutes, try not to do anything.
Play lazy once again but the moment seems never ending,
After that you might resume your reading.

very nice keep penning..god bless u

shiney said...

Well, I will comment some other time[:p]........[;)]

jokes apart.......again an awakening write!

thanks!

Radhika Rani said...

'well-versed'. I guess we all have this mysterious tendency to procrastinate things.

Madhuri said...

Lazily lethargic...

Lovely write :)

nemo said...

You're brilliant, scribbler!

:)

Nemo

vEENs said...

***”Sleep under a star lit roof.
And quench my thirst in the new dawn’s dew.
In a while, I’ll write to my loved one something special,
Or one fine day I’ll pen my own book and claim my share of fame”.***

i lov this

i lov t :)

and i m sure i understand now... wat u meant :P

ahha... i will read more sme other time :) :P

vandana said...

:) so true :)

i wish i cud get rid of this habit of procrastination. There r so so many things in life we wish to do n surprisingly we r the ones who keep finding lame excuses to put them off .... :)

lovely write...deep n engaging..n very realisitc :)

sunita said...

huh.......tagged as procrastinators smarty........well one can indulge in it when time permits rt...........fantastic write.........hits where it hurts...;)

Quanta said...

nice one

:)

Eli K said...

"Just to see what this Scribbler’s got to say"

Wow!Very nice!
As I don't know you nor imagine how you you live...I just can read and try to imagine some real meanning of words that you write here.

I like to read you (at all, it's very clear)

Good winds 4u

:-] (from Brazil)

vrittant said...

hello scribbler! luvd ur post! m a fellow-sufferer!

lets explore dis condition more,
n try to find a delusional cure..

best regards.

"THE BARD WHO DOESNT HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD" said...

U've hit the bull's ey when u say
"So many things to do but so little time,
Wish we had more than hours 24 is what we always complain"..
simply marvellous...

Follies n foibles said...

Living in the moment is a piece of advice often heard n usually ignored :)

This is a far lovelier way of putting it!