Saturday, May 03, 2008

In Pursuit of Destiny

Let me unwind and set out on my journey,
And tread on paths uncharted and go that extra mile.
But before that I’ll break the spine
Of this demon called routine.
Feed my wanderlust and please its appetite

Even if monotony puts its hands together
And kneels down pleading for mercy
I shall show none for death is what it shall see.
Adventure is what I eagerly seek,
That’s away from cubicles, deadlines and meetings;

Listening to the telegraphic conversations of crickets,
Deriving sense out of the brook’s babble,
Sleeping amidst walls studded with fireflies,
Under a roof with stars clinging onto the sky’s tiles,
I’ll wake up in the morn pushing aside the blanket of pallid mist.

The maps will be burnt down to ashes
And the compass would be thrown into deep abyss.
While the feet will be the shadow
My heart would lead its way.
Following it just about everywhere along the serene landscapes;

Like the river I’ll flow and wandering I’ll go,
Just the way it knows not which path to roll.
But all it knows is it has an ocean to meet.
With eyes set on the horizon afar it flows,
It never turns around or even rests for seconds few.

Similarly, I see the crimson horizon,
Where the sky kisses the wide open green;
I hope that my destiny's somewhere out there,
And whatever happens I just won't retreat.
I'll keep on rolling even if I've to stumble and limp in pain;

My hope won’t die neither will it retire,
I won’t ever give up; I’m in pursuit of my destiny.
Cos I believe out there awaits His promise land,
For which I’ll have to struggle a lil but in it lies eternal glory.
And over there I’ll find a soul who'll accompany me till eternity.

20 comments:

rukhiya said...

Somehow I was reminded of the Song from The Sound of music..Flibbertigibbet,will o the wisp intially
Then the last lines took it to an almost spiritual level :)

Pri said...

looks like this has been written after a tiring day at work...

a refreshing read! :)

Dipa Uchil said...

Good one and very inspiring too..n its high time dat everyone follows ur path(breaking the monotonous life we lead)in search of enlightenment :)

And my fav lines are...
"Sleeping amidst walls studded with fireflies" and the last lines...
"And over there I’ll find a soul who'll accompany me till eternity"

Cheers n keep scribblin :)

akanksha said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

the dreamer!! said...

oooh! that had a "i'm a techie but darn! i hate it!!!" stamp!!! :D good job!!!! you should prob try a trek sometime!

smriti said...

wish u d very best..4 u 2 reach ur eternal glory :)

beautiful work...rhetoric expressions...just amazin :)

The Muse said...

Hmmmmm..Satiating:)
Inspiring,and very true,this:)
As you say,Keep it rollin;)

Meghna said...

I agree witht he muse!
Fabulous...inspirational and awesome :p

sweety said...

wow scribbler tusssi toh chaa gaye !!
a very diffeerent one!!

Priyanka Khot said...

Firstly, I am angry ki you did not tell me that u had a new scribble up.

Secondly, I forgive you because you as usual managed to give words to my inner most desires and beliefs.

Thanks for the gift that you don't even know you have given in form of this scribble.

Aruna said...

You have given beautiful words to my desires

Chakoli said...

:-)))

Hi my first visit to ur space:-)))
came thru pri's space actually:-)))


wrote it beautifully:-)))

liked the most...

My hope won’t die neither will it retire,
I won’t ever give up; I’m in pursuit of my destiny.
Cos I believe out there awaits His promise land,
For which I’ll have to struggle a lil but in it lies eternal glory.
And over there I’ll find a soul who'll accompany me till eternity.


good one:-))

Nisha said...

Good one Amit!

This sure is a refreshing read as put in by Pri... nice thought behind it.

Keep scribbling!

cya!

Madhuri said...

Inexplicably beautiful !!!!

d SINNER!!! said...

seems i gotta read a hell out here...

this one was beautiful...

:)

*~*Sameera*~* said...

That was wonderful!The appropriate usage of words and rich texture leaves the reader in awe of it :)

vEENs said...

it is beautiful u knw!

inspirational and beautiful

Winnie the poohi said...

how do you the song thats strumming in my heart ? :O

"THE BARD WHO DOESNT HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD" said...

And whatever happens I just won't retreat.
I'll keep on rolling even if I've to stumble and limp in pain;

For which I’ll have to struggle a lil but in it lies eternal glory.
And over there I’ll find a soul who'll accompany me till eternity.

found these lines simply amazing..beautiful work as well..

Yellow Iris said...

All this while I have been thinking of telling you but somehow it would skip my mind... I like the concept of your blog... blogs are after all for many of us a significant scribble out of our daily life. Something worth putting down on paper yet random in thought.

So a nice blog you have here with all the necessary ingredients in place.

And great poetry... like your style.

Keep it rolling :)