Saturday, January 06, 2007

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO THE SCRIBBLER

People, people everywhere
and everyone's busy in their own way
No one's got the time to stand and gaze
Or, enjoy those simple, little things
that'll bring a smile on any face
Kids leaping over small puddles as though
they're crossing those seven deep seas which granny always told
Old men reliving those long gone golden days
by spending their time on park benches in talks and thoughts
Men, conversing on their hands-free device
like schizos talking to an unseen entity
Women, window shopping and aspiring
that one fine day it will all be theirs
Hawks gliding with wings spread wide
and taking their shadows on a stroll over skyscrapers
Dogs rolling over the lawn during dawn
and involved in never ending territorial wars
Travelling together and rubbing shoulders with each other
and yet they part like perfect strangers
The world's got a lot more than just this for everyone to see
But we tend to ignore it thinking that we're a lil too busy
At least, I'm glad that you've spared some time
and saw this world through the eyes of your newly found friend

8 comments:

Fermina Daza said...

Hi
the last two poems of urs reminded me of this one.. thought u may like to read it :)
**********
I shall gather myself into my self again,
I shall take my scattered selves and make them one.
I shall fuse them into a polished crystal ball
Where I can see the moon and the flashing sun.
I Shall sit like a sibyl, hour after hour intent.
Watching the future come and the present go -
And the little shifting pictures of people rushing
In tiny self-importance to and fro.

Sarah Teasdale

Anonymous said...

hey this is good and keep rolling. You have endeavoured to bring even the pets and the pests amid humans so i like this piece of work.

calmetoisis said...

hey sribbler,
I relate to your work a lot and like the themes a lot...this "scribble" makes me yearn for some time to appreciate nature and its marvels...even though im not so busy i tend to miss indulging in such activities. Keep dreaming pal, and your words will help us dream

Anonymous said...

The flavour of the past in ur lines
makes me live like in their times
i bring out to all of u know ...
tomo is going to be worse than today ..
please let me know if there're any declines' ...

Anonymous said...

Dude completely correct dude.
I mean thats just wonderful.
Rock On Man!!!!!!!!

Aakash
A.K.A
The Godfather

aditi said...

i luv the last 4 lines

kiran said...

hey ts really nice,
depicts the right state..
u got all the right things there

smriti said...

GUD ONE :)